Wednesday 16 November 2011

Kids! When your backs turned....

I awoke last Sunday feeling awful. The kids had given me a lay in (till half eight!) but I woke up with the worst headache I'd had in a very long time. Right across the front of my forehead was absolutely pounding. I felt like I could actually feel my brain pulsing, trying to push its way out of my head! I was also starving and felt like I was going to be sick if I didn't get some
food. So, I sorted the kids out with breakfast and then poured myself a bowl of cereal. Which actually made me feel worse. Everytime I moved my head the pain got worse. Now I've only ever had a headache this bad once before. I'd had it for about 5 days and eventually went to the doctors who told me it was a sinus infection. Nice! Any who, I'd forgotten about that on Sunday and I felt like my head would explode any minute. So I decided to go back up to bed, leaving the kids downstairs. Holly was snuggled on the sofa watching tv and Charlie was playing on the computer. Oh, and Mr. K was at work.
I climbed back in to bed and within 5mins my two little urchins had joined me. Only they wanted to jump on me! I DON'T THINK SO!!! So, I told them what's for and to let me have 10mins of quiet. They toddled off back downstairs. The last thing I remember before I dropped off to sleep. Was Holly asking if she could have a bag of crisps. To which I said yes.......

I awoke 2 hrs later to silence. All be it for the noise of the t.v. downstairs. Feeling a bit better I went down to find the kids on the sofa stuffing sweets. But on the table in front of them there were 2 empty crisp packets, 6 empty haribo bags, 2 lolly sticks, 2 kitkat wrappers, an orange peel and a stone from a plum!!!!
I just stood there for about 10 seconds taking in the scene before saying "right then, no more sweets for today then!" I guess that's what I get for going back to bed and not making lunch. When I told them I'd make dinner soon! They said what about lunch.......? My reply was after what you've eaten we're gonna skip lunch........

No comments:

Post a Comment